Wednesday, May 5, 2010

b-boys and graffiti girls.

Anyone who knows anything about me, knows i LOVE street art. wheat pastings, stencils, and pieces, oh my!



i have that problem myself.



graffiti is the most recent incarnation of folk art. everyone is untrained yet immaculate in their craft. Its not as terrible as you think, there are rules to it you know. Unspoken understandings of where its ok to tag and where its disrespectful.





but the point is, i love it, and feel a little sad when i go to a city and don't see it. there was a time when i could name off the real birth names of all the premier writers in my city....I'm not going to lie, i kind of miss being in the know, but its time to grow up, sometimes its just vandalism...and sometimes i'd like to think its more.

No comments:

Post a Comment